It can be hard to find people who can give quality feedback, much less get feedback from a design perspective. It is also challenging to be impartial about your app and design after spending many hours with it, so getting a fresh perspective is very important.
To help with that, I’m offering the chance to get a review of your app and experience for free. I’ll spend time trying to use the app in many different ways, including ways that aren’t part of the ‘happy path’. At the end, you’ll get a report with the notes from the review, including parts of the experience that were well designed and areas to consider improving.
The goal of this project is to help people improve their voice experiences, as well as use the reviews as an educational tool for other voice app developers and designers.
What’s the catch? The only catch is that I ask to be able to share what I find with others (you have control over how details are shared).
For now, to qualify you need to have already submitted your experience to Google Actions, Amazon Alexa, or Microsoft Cortana. It has to be something public that I can access using a real device. If there are barrier requirements like signing into an account, I may not be able to review your experience properly unless you can provide a demo account as well.
Are you interested in getting an audit and review of your voice app design and experience? Fill out the form on this page and I’ll be in touch!
Terms & Conditions of Review
Just to be sure everyone is on the same page, this is a quick summary of the terms and conditions that reviews will be governed.
- By submitting the form, you agree to a review of your app experience. This review may be shared publicly, though you have the choice to allow it to be anonymous. None of your personal information will be shared and is only used to contact you by the reviewer.
- Reviews are not guaranteed to be provided or complete. If apps are difficult to use (such as requiring a login for an account) it may prevent a review from being conducted. Also due to the possibility of a large set of requests or other unforeseen reasons, some apps may not be reviewed. No apps with questionable content (as determined by the reviewer) will be reviewed.
- Only publicly available apps will be reviewed. Currently, reviews will not be completed for pre-release apps or apps that are still in development.
- Apps must be on Amazon Alexa Skill Directory, Google Assistant Action Directory, or Microsoft Cortana Skill Directory.
- There is no cost for the basic review.
- This service may be discontinued at any time, so submit today!